Types of Water Heaters
Serving Vancouver WA | Battle Ground WA | Longview WA | Portland OR
Selecting a Water Heater
Choosing the right water heater is important, but with a number of choices available, how do you determine the one that’s most suitable for your needs? You can start by comparing three common water heater types. They include the following:
- Heat Pump Water Heaters: This water heater works by capturing heat from the ground or air and moves it into the water. By utilizing this method, it can reduce energy use by as much as 60% when compared to an electric water heater. This unit will cost more than others, but you can make that money back if you’re paying less to the electric company.
- Tankless Water Heaters: A tankless system does not store any water. It works by utilizing quick bursts of heat against coils that are carrying water as needed. They are available in different sizes to accommodate your needs, and work best if you have a home that uses natural gas to heat your water.
- Conventional Water Heaters: One of the most common water heater types, this unit has an insulated tank where water is stored and heated. The water is kept at a certain temperature at all times, and is distributed to your kitchen or bathroom when it’s required.
Heat Pump Water Heaters
Heat pump water heaters are two to three times more efficient than a conventional electric water heater. Heat pump water heaters are fueled exclusively by electricity, but are more efficient.
Tankless Water Heaters
A tankless system does not store any water, but produces it on demand. They are available in different sizes, and work best if you have a home that uses natural gas to heat your water.
Gas Water Heaters
Gas water heaters use natural gas as a fuel source, which tends to have higher utility bills. This type of water heater is most often a conventional water heater, but it also available as a tankless water heater.
LOOKING FOR AN ESTIMATE ON YOUR PLUMBING PROJECT?
Leave your information below and we will call you back in 20 minutes or less
Exploring Fuel Types for Water Heaters
When you are trying to choose between different types of water heaters, it is important to look at the availability of energy sources in your area, and match them with the water heater that suits your needs best:
- Electric Water Heaters: Used in conventional, tankless and heat pump water heaters.
- Natural Gas Water Heaters: Used in combination with conventional and tankless water heaters.
When you have more than one energy source available in your location, you’ll want to contact your utility provider and compare the current rates. This will give you an estimate of the average cost for each water heating system.
Getting a professional consultation is a great first step toward a new water heater. An expert who repairs and installs multiple units has the knowledge and experience to help you make a smart decision. At All County Plumbing, we’ll present all of your options to you, helping you to determine which type of water heater is best for your home or business. Contact us today, and schedule a consultation for your new water heater!
Types of Water Heaters in Vancouver WA and Longview WA
Serving Clients in SW Washington