Tankless Water Heater Flushing
Serving Vancouver WA | Battle Ground WA | Salmon Creek WA | Longview WA
A tankless water heater heats water instantly instead of storing it. Over time, calcium and other minerals will build up in your tankless hot water heater, especially if you have hard water. These minerals can clog the element in your hot water heater and prevent it from heating properly. This is why we recommend having your hot water heater flushed annually.
Why is Tankless Water Heater Flushing Important?
One of the most important elements in a tankless water heater is the heat exchanger. Annual flushing of tankless water heaters whose heat exchangers are blocked by the mineral buildup is very important and should be done promptly. In fact, annual tankless water heater maintenance can extend the life of your water heater by double.
NEED MAINTENANCE ON YOUR TANKLESS WATER HEATER?
Leave your information below and we will call you back in 20 minutes or less
How to Flush Your Tankless Water Heater
Flushing your tankless water heater is relatively easy and should only take about an hour. Below are step-by-step instructions to perform your own tankless water heater flushing.
- Turn the power off to your tankless water heater. If it uses gas, turn off the gas to the unit. This step is important. If you flush your unit without cutting off all power and gas sources first, you could cause significant damage to your water heater.
- Remove the unit’s cover plate and use a non-contact electrical tester on the wires to ensure power is cut off to the unit. You may have to flip breakers until all wires show power isn’t being accessed.
- Shut off the cold and hot water supply valves.
- Attach one end of a garden hose to a sump pump and connect the other end to the cold water valve.
- Connect another garden hose to the hot water valve.
- Place the second hose and the pump into a bucket filled with five gallons of clean white vinegar. If you’re using another tankless water heater cleaning solution, follow the instructions on the packaging.
- Allow the pump to run for about 45 minutes. Afterward, allow the vinegar to drain into the bucket then close the cold water valve.
- Dump out the vinegar, then place the hose back into the bucket. Open the cold water valve and allow water to flow into the bucket for about five minutes. Then close the cold water valve and disconnect the hoses.
- Refer to your water heater’s manual for instructions on removing the inlet filter screen. Rinse it to remove sediment, then replace it.
- Turn on the hot water valve and cold water valve. Turn on hot water faucets in your home. This will help remove any air in the hot water lines.
- Turn on the power and resume gas supply to the unit, then test your hot water in your home to ensure your water heater is properly heating.
A reminder, make sure all power and gas sources to your water heater are turned off prior to flushing. Failing to turn them off could significantly damage your unit.
If you don’t have the supplies or the time All County Plumbing LLC will gladly help. We provide tankless water heater flushing service to Vancouver, WA and the surrounding area.
How Often Should You Flush Your Water Heater?
Annual maintenance is best if done one year after installation. This can extend the life of your water heater by double. However, it’s important to note, tankless water heater flushing is not recommended on A.O Smith Tankless Water Heaters.
Tankless Water Heater Maintenance Cost
Tankless water heaters, like any other appliance, require regular maintenance to properly work. Neglecting maintenance can lead to costly repairs or entire replacements. We will inspect your water heater, figure out any issues, and work with your needs and your budget.
Professional Tankless Water Heater Flushing Service
If you have hard water, scale build-up is likely to happen in all of your water-related appliances, including your tankless water heater– which can greatly influence their lifespan. The best way to keep your appliances properly running is to have them regularly serviced by a professional. All County Plumbing, LLC, is knowledgeable about all things water-heater related. We will replace, repair or service your water heater quickly and efficiently. We also provide free estimates, contact All County Plumbing, LLC today for all your plumbing needs.
Tankless Water Heater Flushing in Vancouver WA and Battle Ground WA
Serving Clients in the Greater Vancouver WA Areas: